GivingTuesday is a global generousity movement, unleashing the power of people and organizations to transform their communies and the world. GivingTuesday was created in 2012 as a simple idea: a day that encourages people to do good. Over the past 10 years, this idea has grown into a year-round global movement that inspires hundreds of millions of people to give, collaborate, and celebrate generosity.
We know that every nonprofit is asking for support this GivingTuesday. We ask you to consider supporting Kaleidoscope as a local organization that is working to benefit families right here in the Keweenaw by providing holistic support and engaging learning experiences through classes and community events.
Why should you donate to Kaleidoscope on GivingTuesday 2022?
- Donations help us increase the number of classes, virtual electives, scholarships, after-school programs, and community events we can offer.
- Donations help us purchase the necessary supplies and equipment for the two physical locations in L’Anse and Hancock.
- Donations help us expand our lending library and add to the resources that are available to our community.
- Kaleidoscope was founded on the belief that all families should have a say in their children’s educational pursuit — donations help us make this possible.
- Your gift will work double! The Kaleidoscope Board of Directors will match GivingTuesday donations up to $1,000.
Here are some examples of how Kaleidoscope may put your contribution to work:
$10 – A book purchase for lending library.
$25 – A can of paint to update classrooms.
$50 – Art supplies for craft events.
$100 -Outdoor/sports equipment.
$500 – Tablet/Laptops for student use.
Just a note: While the big day is 11/29, all contributions during the month of November will go towards our GivingTuesday 2022 goal.
In addition to financial donations, GivingTuesday also advocates for giving of time and talents. Many of our events are made possible by volunteers. In fact, our board of directors is made of volunteers who believe in our mission. We would not exist without them! If you would like to volunteer for Kaleidoscope in any capacity, please contact us.
Additionally, Kaleidoscope is offering a tote bag for a purchase price of $15 and all proceeds will go towards our GivingTuesday campaign. This non-woven black tote bag features a white Kaleidoscope logo, measures 19W x 15.25H x 5.5D inches and has reinforced straps. The bag can be ordered using this form, using the financial donation on the campaign link above, or can be purchased in person at either location during normal office hours.
Lastly, one of the simplest ways to support Kaleidoscope’s mission is to follow us on Facebook and Instagram so more people will see our posts and learn about our organization.